Island Peak at an altitude of 6189 meters is one of the most favorite climbing peaks in Nepal. The climb is physically demanding but not quite challenging technically and graded as Alpine PD+. The peak can be climbed by everyone with good fitness and basic climbing skills. Our experienced climbing guides will teach and revise these basic climbing skills before the actual ascent. Island peak attracts all climbing enthusiasts for an exhilarating mountaineering experience and superb view of some of the highest mountains in the world from its summit such as Everest, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Nuptse and others.
Island Peak climb can be smoothly mixed with Everest Base Camp trek. This journey takes you to the foot of the highest mountain on earth at 5365 meters and Kalapattar at 5555 meters to acclimatize well before embarking towards the summit of Island peak. Island Peak Climbing and Everest Base Camp Trek is best suited for those adventurers seeking an epic Himalayan journey with ultimate trekking and thrilling climbing experience at once.
• Sightseeing tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu valley
• Ancient Buddhist Monasteries and Himalayan Sherpa villages
• Epic trekking experience following the footsteps of the world famous mountaineers and stepping on the foot of the highest mountain on earth and hike up to the famous Kalapattar for breathtaking sunrise and Himalayan vista
• The exhilarating experience of ascending Island peak and awe-inspiring views from the top
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1335m/4379ft)/ Pick up from the airport and transfer to the Hotel/ Meet the crew and briefing about the trip
Day 02:Fly to Lukla (2800m/9184ft) then trek to Phakding (2652m/8700ft) 35 minutes flight and 3-4 hours trek
Day 03:Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft) 5-6 hours
Day 04:Acclimatization Day/ Day Hikes
Day 05:Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3870m/12694ft) 5- 6 hours
Day 06: Tengboche to Pheriche (4200m/13776ft) 4-5 hours
Day 07:Pheriche to Lobuche (4930m/16170ft) 5-6 hours
Day 08:Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5365m/17597ft) and back to Gorak Shep (5180 m/16994ft) 7-9 hours
Day 09:Gorak Shep to Kalapatthar (5555m/1822oft] and back to Lobuche (4940m/16,207ft) 7-8 hours
Day 10:Lobuche to Kongma La (5535m/18159ft) to Chhukung (4730m/15518ft): 7-8 hours
Day 11:Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp (5200m/17060ft) 3-4 hours
Day 12:Pre-Climb Training on Island Peak Base Camp
Day 13:Island Peak Base Camp to Summit (6189m/20300ft) and back to Base Camp (5600m/18372ft) 10-12 hours
Day 14:Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3985m/13074ft) 5-6 hours
Day 15:Pangboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) 6-7 hours
Day 16:Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2800m/9186ft) 6-7 hours
Day 17:Fly to Kathmandu (1335m/4379ft) 35 minutes
Day 18:Kathmandu Valley Excursion and farewell dinner
Day 19:Extend the trip with other activities or farewell and departure
• All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
• Hotel in Kathmandu, 3 nights on BB plan
• Lodge/ tent accommodation during trek and climb
• Full board meals with hot drinks during trek and climb
• Trekking and climbing permit fees
• Seasonal fruits during the trek
• Experienced and friendly trekking and climbing guides, necessary porters and their food, accommodation, equipment, salary, insurance etc.
• Flight tickets Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
• Necessary trekking equipments like sleeping bag , duffle bag, down jacket, trek poles, water purification, trek map etc.
• Basic first aid medical kit
• General climbing equipment such as rope, ice screw, snow bar, safety helmet etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
• Extra snacks and drinks during trek
• Bar bills, laundry bills, internet bills etc.
• Expenses of personal nature
• Personal trekking equipments
• Tips to the staffs