Lhasa, the capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region, lies on the Lhasa Rivers north bank in a valley of the Himalaya Mountains. Rising atop Red Mountain at an altitude of 3,700m, the red-and-white Potala Palace once served as the winter home of the Dalai Lama. The palace’s rooms, numbering nearly 1,000, include the Dalai Lama’s living quarters, murals, chapels and tombs. Potala Palace is a UNESCO world heritage site and features an overwhelming array of intricate murals, temples, stupas, tombs of eight past Dalai Lamas, exquisite Tibetan Mandalas and other relics of Tibetan history. Lhasa, also known as ‘Sunlight City’, is regarded as the heart and soul of Tibet and hence is the most popular tourist destination in Tibet.
• Sightseeing Tour of UNESCO World Heritage sites in Kathmandu Valley
• Spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa passing over the HImalayas
• Sightseeing tour of Potala place, Jokhang temple, Tibetan traditional medicine hospital etc.
• Spectacular views of the Himalayas, High mountain passes, ancient monasteries, fortresses and culture of time immortal
• The high plateau of Tibet, historical cities of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse
• Drive in the Tibetan plateau through the Himalayas
Day 01:Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu - Pick up from the airport and transfer to the Hotel
Day 02:Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour and Lhasa Tour preparation and briefing
Day 03:Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3660m/12004ft)
Day 04:Day one sightseeing Tour in Lhasa: Sera Monastery, Norbulingka palace, Jokhang Templem Barkor street etc.
Day 05:Day two sightseeing tour in Lhasa: Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery etc.
Day 06:Drive from Lhasa to Shigatse (3900m/12792ft) 350 km/ 7-8 hours
Day 07:Drive from Shigatse to Shegar (4050m/13284ft) 244km/ 5-6 hours
Day 08:Drive from Shegar to Kerung (2700m/8856ft) 345 km/ 7-8 hours
Day 09:Drive from Kerung to Kathmandu (1335m/4379ft) via Rasuwagadhi 170 km/ 7-8 hours
Day 10:Transfer to the airport for farewell and departure
• All ground transportation by private vehicle including airport transfers
• Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3 star category hotel in Kathmandu
• All fees for sightseeing and visits to monasteries as per itinerary
• Accommodation with breakfast at a 3 star category hotel in Lhasa and Shigatse
• Best available guesthouses with breakfast at Shegar, and Zhangmu
• Tibet travel permits and Chinese Visa fees
• Kathmandu to Lhasa flights in economic class
• Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) approved Tibetan guide including his salary, foods, accommodation, insurance etc
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
• Travel insurance
• Nepal entry or re entry visa
• Personal shopping and laundry
• Tips for guide and driver