Nagarjun Day Hike is a superb day trip in Kathmandu Valley which goes through lush green forest in Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park. A short drive towards north from Kathmandu takes us to the hiking point and 3 hours of hike takes us to the hill top where Jamacho view tower and a sacred Buddhist pilgrimage site Jamacho Monastery is situated. Jamacho view point (2128m/6980ft) offers beautiful views down the valley and panoramic Himalayan ranges towards the north. The terrace of the monastery also offers beautiful view of Kathmandu valley. The peaceful natural ambiance is also ideal for meditation and peace of mind.
• Beautiful hike through lush green forest
• Amazing view of Kathmandu Valley and mountains
• Visiting Religious Buddhist site, Jamacho Monastery
• Rich flora and fauna
• Short and easy escape away from hustle and bustle of Kathmandu
Day 01:Nagarjun Day Hike
• Guided sightseeing tours including private transportation, entrance fees, mineral water and lunch
• Cold beverages, alcoholic drinks and extra snacks
• Tips to the staffs
If the above itinerary does suit your time-frame or need, we can design individualized travel itineraries based on your interest and preferences.
Day 01Nagarjun Day Hike09:00: Pick up from the Hotel and drive to Raniban Gate 09:30-12:30: Enjoy the hike up to the Nagarjuna Hill through oak, rhododendron and pine forest and beautiful natural ambience enjoying the rich flora and fauna. 12:30-14:00: Enjoy the views from the hill top and visit Jamacho Monastery and take lunch 14:00-16:00: Hike down to Raniban Gate 16:00: Drive back to the Hotel